Christmas is over now so we have some leftovers from Christmas lunch! We didn’t overdo it too much this year on food, we only had some roast vegetables, salad, shrimp, and ham but we still managed to have leftovers that are now sitting in the fridge taking up a lot of room. So to try and get rid of a few of these leftovers, I thought I would make pizza for dinner today to use up the leftover Christmas ham! If you still have any leftover ham, turkey, chicken, shrimp, or whatever else, they make great pizza toppings and they won’t go to waste!
My daughter’s been quite obsessed with pizza recently for some reason and ordered take-away pizza for the past 3 nights in a row! The guy who works at the pizza shop even remembered her name and and her order..how embarassing. She even wanted to order it again tonight but I thought it was just getting too ridiculous (and expensive!) so I said no and we decided to make it at home instead. I had recently just bought a new oven and a new skillet so I was excited to try making this deep-dish pizza!
The pizza turned out just the way I wanted it; it was so fluffy and puffed up and delicious! I filled my pizza with the leftover Christmas ham, capsicum, and boconcini. I wanted to add mushrooms too but the ones I found in my fridge had expired and had a bit of mould, ew. You can add whatever toppings you like though because there are so many different options with pizza!
I’ve also been growing some herbs so I added the lemon basil that I’ve been growing. It added a tasty extra flavour and had a really nice lemony fragrance!
I can’t wait to make this pizza again using some different ingredients and creating different flavoured deep-dish pizzas. I hope you enjoy making it too and can use up whatever Christmas leftovers you have!
- 180 ml Water
- 280 g Baker's flour
- 8 g Sugar
- 4 g Salt
- 15 g Butter melted
- 6 g Milk
- 5 g Yeast
- Leftover Christmas ham
- 6 mini boconcini cheeses
- Tomato paste
- Lemon basil, etc. to top/sprinkle
- Place all the pizza dough ingredients into your bread maker and follow the machine's instructions.
- After the dough is finished, divide it in two and then flatten out in a 15cm(5.9 inch) diameter skillet.
- Place a damp tea towel over the dough and leave it to raise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200c(392F).
- Spread tomato paste on the base and then top with ham, capsicum, and boconcini.
- Bake for about 15 minutes then top with basil, etc. and serve!