Here is an easy recipe for a basic ramen broth that can be used as a base for any ramen flavour! Simmering the broth for around 2 hours allows the soup to become so flavourful and delicious. You can use chicken carcass that you can buy from your local butcher, and various vegetables to make this simple broth. I hope you enjoy!
- 3 litres water
- 1.5 kg chicken carcass
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 leek
- 1/4 of a cabbage
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 cm of ginger
- 1 piece of konbu
- 1/2 cup sake
- Chop all the vegetables and add it into a large pot along with all the other ingredients and bring to boil over high heat.
- Once it has begun to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Occasionally, remove the scum that forms on the top of the soup and keep adding water as needed to keep it at the same level.
- Once it has simmered, remove from heat and strain the soup into another large pot or bowl. Throw away the remaining chicken carcass and vegetables.
- Use straight away for ramen soup or store in the fridge or freezer.