I would love to introduce Japanese curry fried rice for Friday Fried Rice! If you love Japanese curry, you would love this curry flavoured fried rice. This is so delicious yet so simple and easy to cook. This curry fried rice can be prepared in less than 15 minutes and that’s why it is good for Friday dinner!
I was surfing and browsing the internet last week and saw Australian Chinese cuisine chef Kylie Kwong’s post on a social media, “Friday Fried Rice”! Ohhh immediately I liked the alliteration. Friday Fried Rice! So I am going to make a mini Chopstick Chronicles’ Friday Fried Rice series. The first fried rice of this series is Curry Fried Rice.
If you like Japanese curry, you will like this curry fried rice. It only needs 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to cook! What a fantastic meal it is for Friday. I used sausages, green peas, onion, and raisins for the curry fried rice but you can use anything you have in your fridge really. Fried rice is usually made from bits of leftovers.
We always have rice left over and fried rice is better made from left over rice in my opinion. My mom used to make this often for Saturday lunch. When I was a kid, I attended school for half a day on Saturday. My mom was a kindergarten teacher so she had to work half day as well. She came home around 12:30pm and because fried rice can be cooked in 15 minutes if you have leftover rice and ingredients in the fridge. Our favourite was curry fried rice. You can adjust the hotness by increasing or reducing the amount of curry powder you add. If you can not handle hot spicy food or you can but like a little bit of sweetness, add the raisins. It really adds a sweet fruity flavour and makes the curry taste a lot milder.
Hope you enjoy this super quick Friday Fried Rice 😀
Curry Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked plane rice
- 2 german sausages
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbs baby green peas frozen
- 2 tbs rasin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 - 1 tbs curry powder depends on how spicy you want
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbs Japanese mayonnaise optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby parsley to garnish
- Cut the sausages to small bite size pieces.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the chopped sausages and onion into the pan, and cook the sausages to brown.
- Add the chicken stock powder, curry powder, and turmeric powder to the pan and stir to mix with sausages and onion and fragrance.
- Add rice to the frying pan and stir till all the rice grain is coated with curry.
- Add the raisins and toss.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir for a couple minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve on a bowl or a plate and garnish with baby parsley.