I would love to share my gift wrapping ideas to make your gifts stand out in this festive season. Because your loved ones deserve a beautiful present. Would you like your gifts wrapped up, like a Japanese department store does?
8 Materials to use for gift wrapping
Boxes & food cups
I recycle boxes often. When I receive any gifts and if the box is small to medium size and plain, I keep them for later use. Also, you can use food cups that you can purchase from the party goods section of super markets.
Wrapping papers, clear plastic bags, & shredded paper
I like the natural look of brown wrapping paper. I stock those wrapping papers in a few different patterns. Also I use clear plastic bags with bottom gusset in two different sizes. You can purchase a set of those bags cheaply from Diso. Shredded paper is also handy to have as well, and can be purchased from any craft shop. Another thing I use sometimes is Origami papers too.
Twines & ribbons for gift wrapping
Natural looking twines in a few different colours are good to complete natural look. Choose ribbons for the occasions, red or green gingham check are perfect for gift wrapping your holiday presents.
Stickers, masking tapes & tags
Stickers and masking tapes are very useful. They make cute final touches, or make patterns on plain papers to create your own design. You can buy those from any craft shop or Diso. Furthermore, Tags are good to write a little message on and also create that cute final touch to your gift.
Wrapping a box neatly like Japanese
When you purchase something in Japanese department stores, they will wrap it so neatly, because presentation is paramount. Their presentation is immaculate and perfectly aline with boxes. This requires a little bit of practice, but once you get used to it, it becomes a habit.
How much paper do I need?
1. First of all, grab the lower right end of the wrapping paper and lift it in the direction of the corner on the diagonal. Then lightly fold in the place where the grasping corner and the other corner are horizontal.
2. Place the box along the fold we marked in step 1. Place the box perpendicular to the diagonal of the wrapping paper.
3. Then find the position where the lower right corner of the box will go outside the wrapping paper. The position of the box must be perpendicular to the diagonal of the wrapping paper.
4. Lift the front wrapping paper and cover it along the box. Find the position where the shape of the covered area becomes an isosceles triangle and the height of the isosceles triangle is 1/3 of the box width.
5. Finally, roll the box twice. If the top right corner and the top left corner are hidden, you have enough sized paper to wrap the box. Reference (in Japanese language) : Wrapping basics
Hope this Chopstick Chronicles gift wrapping guide helps you to wrap your edible gifts like the Japanese department stores do!
Japanese edible gift ideas
Also, don’t forget to follow me on Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook , Twitter and Instagram to keep up to date with all the latest happenings on Chopstick Chronicles. Also don’t forget to use the hashtag #ChopstickChronicles so I can see your wonderful creations!
Leave a Reply